Attract and Engage Customers for Increased Sales
Attract the right customers to your insurance agency with marketing strategies designed to increase traffic to your website, enhance conversion opportunities, and build your sales funnel with qualified leads. Inbound marketing activities such as search engine optimization (SEO), blogging, social media marketing, press releases, and email marketing work to make content relevant for your audience, establish your expertise, and market in a way that is attractive, not forceful.
With our help, utilizing inbound marketing strategies, qualified leads enter your sales funnel organically and you earn business by using the conversion tools provided in the Astonish Results platform.
Dagley Insurance has grown year over year because of hard work, an excellent staff, and dynamic tools such as those provided by Astonish.”
Nathan DagleyDagley Insurance & Financial Services Inc
What Is Inbound Marketing?
Gone are the days where meeting your agency’s marketing objectives means buying email lists and phone book ads that leave you hoping for qualified leads. A new era of marketing is here and your insurance marketing strategy needs it now more than ever: Inbound marketing.
With inbound marketing strategies in place, your agency can focus on earning the interest of your customers by pulling them towards your product because they are genuinely interested in it.
- Inbound marketing attracts prospects naturally
- Inbound marketing strategies are “permission based,” that is they focus on earning the interest of customers
What does this have to do with insurance marketing? Consider this: Digital and social channels influence 40% of consumer decisions during the policy consideration phase.
Inbound marketing is about focusing on objectives for your insurance marketing strategy that people will love you for. You want to earn the interest of your prospects. How? It comes down to your content marketing strategy.
A successful inbound marketing strategy is about timing. A successful strategy will:
- Understand the content needs of your target audience
- Publish unique, relevant, and engaging content
- Promote the right content in the right place
Inbound vs. Outbound Marketing
The major difference between inbound marketing and traditional marketing, also known as outbound marketing, is that inbound marketing is focused on earning a customer’s attention.
An outbound marketing strategy can come across as disruptive, since customers are not actively seeking the information that is pushed on them. Marketing objectives are not easily met when this strategy is in place.
An inbound marketing strategy uses content and social media activity to provide engagement, entertainment, and education to consumers. These tactics attract customers to your brand, making it easier for you to convert and close.
Outbound: Paid Traffic
Outbound marketing focuses on traditional marketing tactics, which are often forms of paid advertising. In fact, inbound marketing costs 62% less per lead compared to traditional outbound marketing.
Inbound: Organic Traffic
An inbound marketing strategy focuses on utilizing all the “free” traffic sources your on-site and off-site strategy already has: Blogging, social media marketing, and press releases to name a few.
Outbound: One Way
Outbound marketing tactics typically focus on traditional marketing that is “in your face.” The modern consumer is not willing to build a relationship with a brand like that.
Inbound marketing strategies allow for your business to create a relationship with the prospect and customers. This can be beneficial for engagement and create buzz around what your marketing messages are. The more your messages are shared, the larger your reach.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Increase visits to your website and get found by quality prospects.
Search engine optimization, SEO, is where you lay the foundation of your inbound marketing strategy. Without an effective SEO strategy, your insurance marketing strategy is setup for failure.
What is SEO?
SEO, or search engine optimization, is a way to increase the visitors your website receives from search engines. Using SEO best practices, your agency can improve and promote your website to make it better for people and search engines alike.
Search engines like Google will reward websites with the right combination of search ranking signals by directing traffic to the website. An effective strategy will ensure your website has content that focuses on SEO success factors that drive organic online traffic.
SEO Success Factors
- Quality Content: Your Virtual Insurance Office (VIO) will have custom website content optimized for search engines, current clients and prospects. Unique, fresh, engaging, and high quality content helps connect users to relevant results.
- Keyword Strategy: An optimized website content strategy requires keyword research and a thorough understanding of how to drive traffic to your site with those keywords.
- Local Search SEO: A large part of your SEO strategy will focus on building a local presence and relevance. Highly optimized local listings on Google, Yahoo and Yelp will do both, while driving prospects to your website with quality back-links.
When combined with your overall inbound marketing strategy, SEO can help your agency succeed.
How Does SEO Fit into Your Insurance Marketing and Sales Strategy?
The power of SEO lies in how it optimizes not just your website, but your agency’s overall inbound marketing strategy to drive leads and increase your book of business. Learn how your agency can utilize an inbound marketing strategy that integrates all of the tools you have at your disposal.
The bottom line: With the right SEO strategy in place, you can bring in new opportunities, and close on those opportunities.
Increase the visibility of your website for consumers and search.
70% of consumers say blogs influence what they buy. Does your insurance marketing and sales strategy include blogging?
Blogging is an integral piece of your inbound marketing strategy: It is the practice of writing short articles of interest for your audience. The online consumer is constantly looking for information before making a decision about a product or service. Your agency is an expert in its own right, and you should be sharing your expertise. Consistently updating your insurance website with unique, quality, and engaging content is beneficial for not just your web health, but also for attracting your target audience.
An effective blogging strategy can:
- Establish your agency’s brand.
- Reinforce your agency’s expertise in the local insurance industry.
- Build a personal connection with your target audience by providing engaging content that they are actively seeking out.
Enhance Your SEO With a Blogging Strategy
Your insurance marketing strategy works hard to build a presence in search. Insurance is competitive – how can you get found organically and drive traffic to your website?
- Fresh content on your website from blogging means more frequent indexing from the search engines which can boost your agency’s online presence.
- Consistently updated, fresh, and unique content builds credibility and relevance with the search engines.
- An increased amount of relevant content on your site increases your site’s visibility and brings visitors back for more.
Learn how to start blogging and optimize your content, get the benefits an industry-specific keyword strategy, and then convert on the traffic your blog receives.
The bottom line: Engaging with the online customer can create tremendous opportunities, which can result in increased revenues.
Social Media Marketing
Build engaging social media campaigns that drive real business results.
Successful social media campaigns enable the local insurance agency to increase engagement with current clients and prospects, engage with the community, and build a reputation around their brand. Your agency must be where the customer is.
Why Social Media Marketing Is Important
- 27% of total U.S. internet time is spent on social networking sites.
- 15% of total U.S. mobile internet time is spent on social networking sites.
- Approximately 46% of online users count on social media when making a purchase decision.
Social media allows you to …
- Stay in front of customers on a continuous basis
- Brand your agency online and to customers and prospects
- Share relevant information with your client base
- Direct traffic to your website for insurance quotes
- Create relationships with potential clients and solidify those with current customers
Reach Your Insurance Marketing And Sales Goals
Utilizing social media marketing best practices, your agency can not only humanize your products and services but also create awareness for your expertise and in turn, drive traffic to your website. This brings you to the ultimate goal: Increasing your agency’s book of business.
Social media marketing is an inbound marketing tool best used for engagement. If your agency can stay in the mind of consumers, you are more likely to drive leads and keep your existing clients.
The bottom line: As part of an inbound marketing strategy, social media can build a repeatable process for an engaging sales process.
Exposure for your insurance agency through timely and professionally distributed news-centric information.
Press releases work with your inbound marketing strategy to build awareness and drive sales by earning the attention of viewers. A successful press release will be read by many and can provide search engine visibility, back-links to your website, and branding for your agency.
What Is a Press Release?
A press release, or PR, is a news-centric form of content marketing. With a press release, your agency will seek to demonstrate your presence and connection to the local community. A press release is always:
Typically, the first audience of a press release is a news outlet. However, inbound marketing and digital media have changed the game. Now, your press release is an important piece of your inbound marketing strategy and should be utilized in conjunction with all of your other inbound marketing activities.
Inbound Marketing and PR
A successful press release will be used to entice people’s attention and earn their interest. Your press releases have three goals:
- SEO Enhancement
How can you do this?
- A press release can, and should, be optimized for search and user engagement.
- Share your press release on social media.
- Use the content in your press release to create a unique blog post.
- Create engaging content for users such as eBooks and white papers out of PR materials.